Providing Legal Services & Business Resources to the Cannabis Industry
- Employment Handbook
- Independent Contractor
- Employee Management
- Lease and Purchase Agreements
- Land Use Zoning
- Cannabis Goods & Services
- Terms and Conditions
Also Proudly Serving the Ancillary Marijuana Industries
The multi-billion dollar sector of the U.S economy is not just focused on actual cannabis products, there’s more to the business…
Advertising & Marketing
Flexible Pricing Plans to Fit Your Budget
In need of advice? Just have a quick legal question?
From all-inclusive business & licensing packages, to on-demand legal advice, California Weed Law offers customized legal services.
Customized Legal Services, Personalized Business Consulting
Welcome to the 21st Century Law Firm
Built to cater to the needs of the cannabis industry, Developed to work along side startup businesses
Frequently Asked Questions
How am I protected?
Although with the current federal status of cannabis, it’s impossible to be completely protected from unwanted surprises. However, by making sure that everything that can be done to protect you and your business assets is implemented from the start, you can reduce the risk of something happening.
- Comply with local and state laws
- Respect your company’s entity formalities
- Implement adequate security measures
Can I be more hands on?
Yes! The business and legal services that California Weed Law provides are tailored to you or your companies’s unique needs. Whether you are an experienced cannabis entrepreneur who prefers taking things into your own hands, or prefer letting us take care of everything while you sit back, you’re able to have as little or as much control and participation in the process as you’d like.
- We explain the laws and legal process as we go along (if you want)
- On a budget? No problem. We’ll provide you the resources to do the non-legal footwork on your own
- Just need tips? For the industry-experienced, just a couple questions may be all that you have
What if something goes wrong?
Unfortunately, we’re currently in a time of uncertainty where there’s no possible way to know what the short term future of cannabis on a federal level is. While that is out of our control, the protections afforded by the State of California aim to preserve the budding industry.
- Plan for emergencies from the start
- Diversify your business dealings to avoid having all your “eggs in one basket”
- Know your rights, and know the law
How much does it cost to get into the industry?
The startup costs for entering into the commercial marijuana and ancillary industries vary greatly depending. It’s important to be informed of all of the information and potential costs that you may face before diving into the business. Grow smart, spend smarter. Here are some of the biggest factors impacting start up costs
- The sector of the industry (cultivation, manufacturing, retail, ancillary)
- Location (Northern California, Southern California, Eastern California)
- Aspirations (small Mom & Pop vs. industrial warehouse)
Can I operate a cannabis business before I receive a city or state license?
No! Not only would operating a commercial cannabis business without the proper local licenses and permits be illegal, but it would also potentially jeopardize your chances of being able to obtain a state license.
- Using personally? Stay within the legal limits.
- Already in the industry? Think twice before continuing without licensing.
- Contact us to learn how to get legal!